Monday, June 20, 2011

Post: Summit City Comic Con 2011

This past Saturday I attended Summit City Comic Con at the Grand Wayne Center in Fort Wayne, IN. We had an early drive ahead of us leaving about 5am in he morning. We got there just in time to set up and start the show. It was a great turn out and my first time doing a one day show. I was amazed at how well the show was put together and how much space the artists were given. I also got a sweet parking spot too!


The crowd was great as I had a lot of kids come up to the table. However, talking to fellow artists, I found out there were fewer kids than last year. At about mid-way through the rain came and the attendance dropped a bit. I had more opportunities to step away from my table and meet with other artists and get a few things signed. I was also able to get some new sketches done in my TMNT book. I also met with Derby City Comic Con's Eric Banister and we talked about his upcoming show and he gave me some posters to sign and we talked about things to do in Louisville, KY.


Right around closing time we said goodbye to friends and made our trek back. I was feeling a bit tired but we found a Red Robin where we stopped for dinner. (YUMS) The best surprise is that we came home to find my parents babysitting the grandkids. It was awesome. So we spent the time playing with them before completely crashing into a deep slumber. Only to get up early again and watch Nicole and her family take on the Warrior Dash.



All in all it was a great show from start to finish and one I would definitely do next year. Up next I have the Comic Book Mania! Convention in July and as I mentioned previously...Derby City Comic Con. We hit the ground running in the next few weeks. I hope to have my new book completed and available for the rest of my con season. Also, please check periodically at the store as I will be uploading some prints, original art work, and more.

And lastly, here's some of the sketches I did at the show:



No comments: