Monday, February 14, 2011

Art Jam at the United Methodist Church in Geneva

Hi all,

The subject of the post says it all. My good friend, Minister E, invited me to be a part of their youth groups art jam session this past Saturday up in Geneva, IL. I brought my books and some concept books and portfolios to share and talked to the kids about my sketch process a bit. After the quick introductions, we warmed up with the hat game, which is when someone picks out topics from a hat that the jammers would then have to draw.

We then used the rest of the time for the kids to focus on their own personal projects. E and I played catch up whilst my wonderful girlfriend made an attempt to draw herself. Her sketches are GREAT! I will have to show them to you sometime...as long as she is ok with it and doesn't punch me in the face.

Anyhoo, here are some of the sketches from the nights event:

No comments: