Monday, September 26, 2011

Post: Story City Festival

A little over a week ago I had the honor of attending the Story City Festival in Story Ctiy, Iowa.  Nicole's aunt is on the committee for the festival and invited me to be a part of it.  I really did not know what to expect but I had an idea of what I would be doing there.


Nicole's aunt, Susan, had discussed that since this is a story telling festival I could have people tell me their stories and make a little drawing of it for them.  Basically, it's like doing my custom Signature Prints but I a bag n' board sketched version. 



It was a little challenging with the weather and being the only vendor the entire festival so I had to adapt to these things through out.  Story telling was broken up with show times and during those breaks I was able to interact with people who had stopped at my table.


All in all it was an interesting festival and Nicole and I got to sit in on the last night of story telling and have brunch with some of the tellers at the festival.

I did feel a bit out of place and having being a vendor all day Satruday I eventually felt like I was done in terms of selling books.  If they had a children's theme and more vendors spread out I could see myself being a part of this festival again.  If anything I would go back to listen to the story tellers as it was the highlight of the festival for me. 

The event ended with a ride on the Antique Carousel that's been around since 1913


No comments: