Monday, July 25, 2011

Post: Derby City Comic Con

Two weeks ago I attended the 1st annual Derby City Comic Con in Louisville, Kentucky. This was a great convention! I had the pleasure of getting to know Eric Banister, found of the Derby City Comic Con, over the last couple of months. It was a well put together show. His passion for comics really came through as his show brought out the crowds of all ages.


It was cool to see the poster I had done for him as one of the banners for the show. I had a great table location next to my good friends of Mutant Cactus and the always hilarious Victor Dandridge of Vantage:Inhouse Productions.

The crowd was great and met some really nice people. So nice that I hardly stepped away from the table. I was so busy talking to the crowd about When I Was Little and doing sketches for I didn't get a chance to walk around as much as I would have liked.

It was okay though because Eric had set up an auction that was happening right where my table was and Nicole was able to snag a limited leather bound edition o f Jim McCann & Janet K. Lee's The Return of the Dapper Men.

All in all it was a fantastic convention and I got to meet with some great people including Punch-Up's Frank Cvetkovic and Dustin Carson, writer of No Gods.
I look forward to next year's Derby City Comic Con which I know Eric's already planning. After the convention, Nic and I spent a few days in Louisville and Frankfort area for a mini-vacation which was amazing. More on that later...

No comments: