Sunday, July 10, 2011

Post: Comic Book Mania!

This past Saturday was the Comic Book Mania Convention at the Gail Borden Library out in Elgin, IL.


The convention was such fun and today I had to ride solo with Nic being on a family weekend. I really liked the library back drop. It was such a comfortable atmosphere and the flow of people coming in was steady. I did not expect the huge turn out of kids and the Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic Tournaments. It was cool to see the amount of participation with the young crowd. It got me thinking of getting into card collecting....and I've already got an idea planned.

The sketch requests were kind of light but it was surely a button crowd. The kids responded well to the When I Was Little button sets.


I met with Bob Cassinelli, who organized the event, and we discussed a possibility to get together for a future event.

All in all it was such a great time and definitely one for the kids. I look forward to more!

Afterwards my brother, Serena, and I took in some dinner and saw the film, Horrible Bosses. It was hilarious.



Up next: Derby City Comic Con!

No comments: