Friday, April 5, 2013

Post: Dan Con 2013

On March 17 I attended Dan Con at the Orland Park Civic Center. Since we moved to Orland, the convention was literally down the street from our new apartment. This was only my second year attending the show but it felt like a show I've been a part of since it's beginnings. It's because Decapitated Dan and his lovely wife, Amy, make you feel so welcomed at their show. It's about the creators and the artists. You get a sense of comfortableness, like you belong there.

My only complaint really is that it's short, it being a one day con. Luckily Dan has divided the show into two seasons, Spring and Fall. And its not like the show takes a while to really get going, the numbers in attendance are pretty big. It's almost you wished it would go on for a bit longer just so you can interact more with the fellow creators and the crowd in attendance.



I had a great time this year and I debuted my new convention banner. Nic had to step out for the day to attend to some wedding stuff but overall I handled it pretty well. I didn't draw as much as I would have liked to but people were really into the WIWL prints and books, which I can't complain.

They had a raffle in which I offered up these horror movie sketch cards and an exclusive Dan Con print I did just for the show.


I had a great time and I got to visit with my friends Dave and Rene from INSTANT PRESS COMICS! It was a great start to my convention season and I look forward to next year's show!

No comments: