Monday, April 26, 2010

c2e2: 2010 Recap


C2E2 was simply an amazing show for me. This was my third comic book show and my first for the year. As always, I went into it super nervous because of the huge crowd this con was going to turn out. I was surprised by the amount of business I did on Friday and thought that it would be equally as busy Saturday. Boy...was I wrong. Saturday was just a constant flow of people. I was so busy interacting and sketching, I barely had time to leave my table! It was an amazing turn out and I had a lot of support from family and friends. Nicole's parents and younger sister even came out to show their support which meant a lot to me. Nicole was quite busy herself as she was meeting the stars of Kick-Ass including her new boyfriend, Christopher Mintz-Plasse.





Saturday was also wonderful in that I reunited with an old grammar school friend I haven't seen since 1992. My friend, Aireen, has come into her creative own as well, as an art director and graphic designer for hire. Please click on her name and check out the wonderful work she does. She is amazing.


Sunday was the slowest day and that is when I was able to make some quality purchases and catch up with Eric Rampson and my good friends over at ComicRelated.com. I met a lot of artists that I admired like Katie Cook and Skottie Young. I even got some great inking tips from the incredible Sanford Greene. I ended up not really spending that much money which was odd because everywhere I looked I saw something that I wanted to bring home.

All in all, it was the best show I exhibited at and really set the bar for me. I'm excited to continue this positive uphill toward building my art career.


Of all the comic book characters in the world, Krypto was the most requested...ain't that some shiiii......

I was ready for the S.P.A.C.E. show...

No comments: